CWR Modified Track Class Rules for 2012 - these rules are tentative and may be changed.
1. Quickchange rear ends allowed, steel tubes only
2. Any 8 x 15 racing wheel will be allowed - wheel does not have to be stamped
3. Beadlocks allowed on Right side front & rear tires only
4.Same manufacture tire & model required on all 4 corners of the race car
5. Any tire (American Racer KK704) - (Hoosier G60, or Hoosier 35) - (Goodyear G-50 or G65)
6. weight 2450lbs
7. Rear filler panel is optional
8. 7" Max rear spoiler height
9. Max cubic inch 410 "ci"
10. Steel Blocks must be wet sump
11. Any Alumium or steel head allowed
12. One (1) four barrel carberator allowed
a. fuel pumps can be mechanical or belt driven (front or back of motor)
b. no electric fuel pumps allowed
c. "fuel" pump, racing gas or alcohol allowed - no nitrous oxide or nitro allowed
13. Tubular lower control arms allowed
14. No Coilovers in front
15. One shock per wheel (must be steel) No remote canister shocks
16. All bodies must fall within USMTS rules.
17. Saftey #1 issue at all times
a. Drivers flame- retardant suits must be worn by all competitors
b. Helmets - must be SNELL SA 2005 or SFI 31.1/2005 or newer -NO SNELL KA or M rated helmets are allowed
c. Flame retardant racing shoes & gloves are required
d. Five point shoulder harness required -all belts must be at least 3 inches in width - belts & harness must not be more than 3 years old - factory built date must be on belts for inspection
Rules are subject to be altered or changed before March 1st 2012
2012 C.W.R. HORNET RULES
DISCLAIMER: THE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE FOR THE ORDERLY CONDUCT OF RACING EVENTS AND TO ESTABLISH MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCH EVENTS. THESE RULES SHALL GOVERN THE CONDITION OF ALL C.W.R. EVENTS AND BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE EVENTS, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE COMPLIED WITH THESE RULES. THIS IS A STOCK DIVISION AND IS AN ENTRY LEVEL CLASS WITH MINOR PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED.
A. Any front or rear, two-wheel drive, car or mini-truck, having a minimum of 92" wheelbase, with a four cylinder, normally aspirated engine (no turbo or super-chargers). In all respects, the entire vehicle, (except as specified) is to utilize STOCK and unmodified parts for that vehicle.
B. Coupes and sedans only; no convertibles, roadsters, etc.
C. All installations must be teched and approved. C.W.R. reserves the right to refuse any car that is not constructed within the spirit of the rules.
A. Engine General Specifications:
1. 4-cylinder engine, no larger than factory equipped cc. No Rotary Engines. No Titanium Parts!
2. Engines may not cross MFG lines. Ford engine in Chevy body, etc.
3. Engine to remain in stock location
4. No motor plates allowed
5. Stock cast iron or steel OEM parts only
B. Engine Specifications, Head:
1. Stock cast iron head only. No porting, polishing, shot peening, acid etching, gasket matching, flow honing- any steps to remove material or change flow direction are not acceptable. Aluminum heads allowed only on vehicles factory equipped with them.
2. Stock type steel valve train components only – valves, springs, etc.
3. Valve and valve seats must be stock diameter.
4. No back cutting, or swirl polishing allowed
5. Multi angle valve grinding acceptable, valve seats must remain in stock location.
6. No roller followers/cams. Unless factory (make, model, year)
C. Engine Specifications, Block:
1. Stock cast iron block only, unless factory equipped otherwise (make, model, year) No performance or after market blocks allowed.
2. Stock Stroke for engine being used.
3. Stock rods only. No crossing.
4. No grinding, lightening, or polishing of rods.
5. No after market rods of any kind acceptable.
6. No switching of MFG parts. I.E. no Chevrolet or Toyota rods in Ford blocks.
7. No crank lightening or grinding. Any procedure associated with a common rebuild is acceptable.
8. Balancing of internal engine components is acceptable. Balancing and lightening are not the same; make sure your machinist knows the difference.
A. Stock un-altered, intake manifold, and fuel injection systems only No performance types allowed. No modifications of any kind allowed. Rear-wheel drive vehicles allowed to use either holley 350 or 500.
B. Two-throttle return springs encouraged.
3. Fuel Systems
A. Electric fuel pumps allowed only on those vehicles factory equipped with them.
B. A fuel cell is strongly recommended and MANDATORY for entries with gas tanks located behind the rear axle. Maximum of 12 gallons Cell must be enclosed in a Minimum 18 gauge steel can. Cell must be securely mounted, (bolted or welded to support bars). Fuel cell protection bar recommended. Fuel cell should be no less than 8” from ground.
C. Fuel line running through driver’s compartment not recommended. However, if they are, they shall be enclosed in a rigid metal tube, and must be approved by C.W.R. Tech official PRIOR to competing in an event.
D. Filler spout to be inside trunk area and sealed off from driver’s compartment.
E. Steel firewall required between driver’s compartment and fuel compartment.
F. All holes must be completely covered with steel.
G. No fuel lines in rocker panels.
H. Pump gas only! Race fuel, Nitrous, or like products are not permitted.
4. Cooling System
A. Shroud above fan mandatory, if running a mechanical fan.
B. Electric fans allowed.
C. Radiator over-flow required.
D. Radiator must remain in stock location. Mounts may be replaced/reconstructed.
5. Electrical System
A. If not in stock location, battery must be SECURELY mounted behind driver, on floorboard, in a minimum 18-gauge steel, box. Marine type plastic boxes allowed. Battery cables must have grommets on box to prevent chaffing.
B. All cars will have starters in good working order.
C. All cars must have an electrical system disable switch mounted behind driver’s seat, accessible from outside the car, and clearly marked. An additional auxiliary switch is optional.
D. No high-performance aftermarket ignition systems, or computer components (chips) permitted. RPM LIMITS WILL BE CHECKED.E. Radio communications are not allowed.
A. Stock exhaust manifolds only. No modifications of any kind permitted.
B. Rear wheel drive vehicles allowed to run aftermarket header.
C. Muffler required.
D. Exhaust must exit away from the drivers’ compartment.
A. All cars will maintain stock appearance as OEM.
B. Floor pan, body, and chassis must be complete as OEM. Doors may be skinned to accommodate roll cage and ease in repair, all other components must be left complete and in tact.
C. Full stock floorboards and firewalls mandatory. All holes must be covered in a safe manner.
D. No chopping of roof or narrowing of body. Car must retain original bodylines and dimensions.
E. Trunks require (2) pins at rear edge, and (2) pins at leading edge if hinges are not used.
F. Hoods require (2) pins across front, and (2) pins at the rear if hinges are not used.
G. Items may be removed to lighten the car that can be unbolted, (not torched, drilled or cut out). For example, hinges, latches, dashboard, etc.
H. Well-secured tow mounts required front and rear.
A. All cars to be neatly and brightly painted.
B. Numbers must be minimum of 18" tall on roof, and each door. Numbers on roof to face toward scoring tower. If it is determined that scoring cannot read number, it must be changed before the next scheduled event.
C. Number will be neatly placed in right front headlight as large as possible that fits neatly in assigned area. Car number will also be placed on the top right hand portion of the windshield, 3" high.
D. Hood scoops, skirts, and other items, which improve the appearance of your car, are permitted.
E. Advertising that is deemed unsuitable/offensive not allowed. Promoter has final decision.
F. Entrees will be painted and maintained reflecting a favorable image. Dents should be reasonably repaired week to week.
A. A Serviceable windshield is required (NO CRACKS). Stock windshields may and should be replaced with screen or bars.
Minimum of 3 vertical 3/8" dia. bars from top of roll cage to dash bar in front of driver
B. All external lights must be removed.
C. Braces required in front of driver of windshield opening.
A. No tubular sub-frame assemblies allowed.
B. No full tubular or roll bar frame permitted.
C. Dragging of any part may be cause for immediate posting (black flag) from the race. You will not be allowed back on the track until the problem has been fixed and checked by an official.
A. Stock suspension components only. Only stated modifications allowed.
B. No moving of suspension mounting points other than those outlined in the rules.
C. No interchanging, lengthening, or shortening of suspension components (i.e. control arms) permitted.
D. No adjustable or aluminum shocks.
E. Springs must be mounted in stock location.
F. Stock sway bar hardware only. No aftermarket sway bars.
G. Adjustable inner spring spacers not allowed.H. Shocks must mount in stock location using stock mounts. No upside-down mounting.
I. No spring spacers allowed.
J. Strut mounting holes may not be altered.
A. Stock steering components only, including rack, tie rod ends, etc.
B. Steering wheel recommended to be attached with an approved quick release device.
C. No steering quickeners.
14. Drive-train Components
A. Locked, Limited slip, or Posi-Traction differentials not allowed on front wheel drive vehicles.
B. Stock transmissions, for make and model only. No modifications allowed.
C. All gears must be operable, including reverse.
D. Stock clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel, for make, model, and year only. No lightening of flywheel permitted. No lightweight parts.
E. The flywheel housing must have a means to CLEARLY inspect ALL components.
F. Automatic transmissions require functioning torque converter.
G. Drive shaft is to be painted white and have a catch loop just behind front u-joint.
H. No composite or homemade drive shafts!
15. Wheels, Tires & BrakesA. D.O.T. APPROVED STREET TIRES ONLY! NO RACE TYPE TIRES ALLOWED. TRACK INSPECTOR WILL HAVE FINAL SAY ON TIRES SO ASK BEFORE BUYING SOMETHING QUESTIONABLE. (13’-15”, 60 SERIES MINIMUM). ALL 4 TIRES MUST BE OF THE SAME INCH SIZE (ALL 13”, ALL 14”, or ALL 15”). Race wheels strongly recommended!B. MAXIMUM of 7” STEEL wheels with a minimum backspace of 3”. All lugs must be serviceable and must have 1” lug nuts on all lugs. TIRE TREATMENTS OF ANY KIND NOT ALLOWED! C. If tires/wheels protrude further than 1” from side of car, a type of nerf-bar must run completely between wheel well openings as well as in front and behind wheel well openings in order to prevent tire jumping when running side-by-side with other cars. Bars should be constructed of no less than ¾” steel tubing, be ONE SINGLE STRAIGHT tube, be mounted parallel to the ground in line with front wheel bearing, and have rounded or chamfered edges to prevent cutting of competitors’ tires. Bars to be no less than 1” from tires furthest point from side of car. Excessive rub bars will not be allowed. Inspector will have final say.D. One valve stem per wheel maximum. E. The use of any bleeder valve prohibited. F. Stock brake components only (make, model, and year). G. All four brakes must function at all times. Proportioning valves or shut-off’s not allowed.
16. Roll Cage
A. The cage will be constructed at minimum of 1 ½” .095 roll bar tubing.
B. Minimum 4-point roll cage required, with gussets at 90 degree joining points.
C. No galvanized or soft metals such as aluminum or exhaust tubing allowed.
D. The cage may be enhanced for safety and to defend from damage, subject to approval.
E. The cage will be secured at four points, sandwiched with 1/8 min steel plates to the floor, and at additional points as desired and deemed safe.
F. The cage will come up around the driver, forming a rectangle on the roof.
G. Drivers door will have a minimum of three bars. 1/8" steel plating covering driver door bars from top to bottom and from front to rear uprights mandatory. Passenger side will have a minimum of 2 bars.
H. Vent window upright “A” pillar support bar required driver and passenger side, minimum 1” tubing.
I. The cage is to be welded and secured in a quality manner with the ultimate intention of protecting the driver.
J. Roll bar padding is required on any bars that are in the drivers contact area.
K. SHORTY, OFFSET, OR PARTIAL CAGES NOT ALLOWED!
L. Driver-side floorboard must have minimum 1/8” steel plate from firewall to rear of drivers’ seat at least as wide as bottom of seat.
M. If any bar in the car is in question, the driver may be asked to drill a 3/16” hole in it to allow the inspector to check it.
17. Seats and Safety Equipment
A. Aluminum, professionally built high back racing seat mandatory. Seat must be securely bolted to a mount assembly, that is an integral part of the roll cage. Seat will not be attached to the factory floorboard.
B. A MINIMUM 4 point safety harness, with quick release is mandatory! Submarine belts recommended. All belts shall be attached to roll cage. Belts to be a maximum of 7 years old.
C. A window safety net must be properly installed, (NO WIRE TIES!) meaning it is to be attached top and bottom to the roll cage, not the door/roof. A quick release mechanism will be easily accessible from the outside.
D. Full-face Helmet must meet Snell 95 testing standards, bear proper identification, and have no sign of prior damage.
E. Neck braces and gloves strongly suggested, and mandatory at many tracks. Approved racing shoes recommended.
F. Drivers’ Fire suit mandatory at all times.
G. Eye protection is mandatory and must be in proper place at all times.
H. Fire extinguisher RECOMMENDED. Extinguisher securely mounted in the car within drivers reach while strapped in.
I. Car and driver will be required to meet ALL safety rules PRIOR to racing any event.
18. Minimum WeightsA. Checked post-race with driver in car. All added weight must be outside of drivers’ compartment, painted white, and have car number clearly marked on it.
B. Cars with more than 2 valves per cylinder ADD 50 lbs. C. REAR WHEEL DRIVE CARS ALLOWED 100 lbs WEIGHT BREAK (SEE BELOW). ENGINE DISPLACEMENT R.W.D. MINIMUM WEIGHT F.W.D. MINIMUM WEIGHT 1-1999cc --- 2150# 2250#
2000-2300cc. --- 2225# 2325#
Over 2300cc. --- 2325# 2425#
A. ENGINE SIZE AND REQUIRED CAR WEIGHT MUST BE CLEARLY LETTERED ON THE RIGHT FRONT FENDER, DOOR, OR ON RIGHT SIDE OF HOOD FOR EASY VIEWING OF OFFICIALS.EXAMPLE: 2300cc. 2325#----1600cc- 2150#THE WEIGHT RULE MAY BE ADJUSTED TO EVEN THE FIELD.
A. All cars are subject to inspection by a C.W.R. Inspector, at any time, and in any manner, as determined by the Promoter/Race Director. All decisions regarding the timing and manner of the inspections, as well as which cars will be inspected, are at the Promoter/Racedirectors discretion.
B. Drivers must take whatever steps requested by the C.W.R. Inspector, including tear down of any part of the car, to facilitate inspection.
C. Only those persons approved by C.W.R. Inspector may be admitted to the inspection area.
D. Promoter/Racedirector mandates inspections after the event: If a car that has competed in the event is taken from the tech inspection area and/or racing premises without permission of tech official, that car and driver will be disqualified. Unless the competitor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the violation was caused by circumstances the competitor could not control the disqualification will stand.
E. Any driver who refuses inspection when requested will receive a fine of $50.00, disqualification, and loss of championship points and pay for that evenings’ events.
Other General Regulations
All equipment is subject to approval of C.W.R. officials. No equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through inspection for any number of times. If you have been using an illegal part or parts, for any number of times, and have not been caught… Consider yourself lucky to that point.For anyone caught with illegal or modified engine or suspension components, there will be immediate disqualification, as well as loss of prize money and points for that night.
For Major Rule Infractions; Illegal carburetion, throttle body, intake, or exhaust, porting, polishing, stroked or long rod engines, oversized valves, high domed pistons, clutch/flywheel assemblies, the driver will lose pay for that nights’ events, as well as total loss of all points accumulated. These are violations that clearly cross the boundaries of our rules, and are done to obtain an illegal advantage over fellow competitors. Any refusal to comply with inspection requests may result in a suspension of the driver, car and owner for three (3) consecutive races and a fine of $50.00.
Rules Interpretation: The inspector’s interpretation of the rules shall be the official interpretation, and will supersede any and all other interpretations of the rule (See “B” above). If you are in doubt on any rules, ask the inspector. A decision will be rendered. When there is no rule to cover a given situation, the promoter’s decision will be final.
Ignorance is no excuse. The Director of Competition/Promoter shall be empowered to permit minor deviations from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from such alterations or specifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the decision the Director of Competition/Promoter. Their decision is final!
Race procedure: This will be a feature-only division unless car counts are high enough (12 or more). Cars will be allowed hot-laps. Starting the second week, the field will start the race inverted, from how they finished the week before. New cars, as well as cars which did not run the week before, will start behind the inverted field. The top-five finishers from previous week will run a trophy dash, starting inverted from their finishing order from the week before.
2012 C.W.R. Pure Stock Rules
DISCLAIMER: THE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE FOR THE ORDERLY CONDUCT OF RACING EVENTS AND TO ESTABLISH MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCH EVENTS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE EVENTS, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE COMPLIED WITH THESE RULES. THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL, STOCK-CLASS, WHICH ALLOWS ONLY THE MINOR PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS STATED.
- In all aspects engines should only use O.E.M. replacement type parts. This means stock unless otherwise noted!
- Engine to remain in stock location – no further left than center of car, use of stock mount holes, and no tilting.
- O.E.M. type Engine mounts must be in stock location: may be solid.
- Engines may be bored to a maximum overbore size of .040 from the standard bore size.
A. Standard bore Engines must use stock pistons.
B. O.E.M. type cast aluminum dished pistons, with a minimum recess of .040 MUST be used in any engine with an over-bore.
C. All engines, including those that are over-bored from standard size must still adhere to the maximum of 160# per cylinder compression rule.
- No grinding of any castings.
- No offset key in crank.
- Engines may not cross MFG lines. Ford engine in Chevy body, etc.
- 307 Olds, 305 Chevy, 302 Ford, 318 Mopar ONLY. Engines will be pumped.
- 350 GM, 351 FORD, OR 360 MOPAR ALLOWED. These engines must run stock, cast iron 2 bbl. intake and factory 2bbl. Carb. Minimum weight 3250lbs. Engines will be pumped.
- STOCK CAMS ONLY!! Stock specs for lift duration and lobe center.Must use Hydraulic lifters.
- Stock heads ONLY. no perfomance heads
- No angle milling or performance enhancing work on heads or block.
- No Vortex heads.
- No valve spring shims.
- No honeycomb valve springs allowed.
- 1.86 intake valve max. 1.50 exhaust max.
- No interchanging of rocker arms, ratios.
- No screw-in studs.
- Leak down lifters not allowed.
- No degreeing of cam.
- Stock, unaltered intakes only. No Hi-Risers.
- No center-dump manifolds.
CAR AND BODY
1. The body must remain stock and match frame.
2. Car must be stripped of all chrome, emblems, plastic, and fiberglass.
3. Any 1950 or newer sedan is eligible. NO TRUCKS, 4WD, OR FWD’S.
4. Minimum stock wheelbase allowed is 108” with full-frame. 110” uni-body with sub-frame installed.
5. NO CAMEROS, FIREBIRDS, or MUSTANGS.
6. BUMPERS MUST BE SECURE: WELDED, CHAINED OR BOLTED TO BODY. NO SHARP EDGES ALLOWED.
7. Doors must be welded, chained, or bolted shut.
8. All glass must be removed from the car. NO BROKEN GLASS LEFT IN CAR!!!!
9. All flammable interior components must be removed.
10. Floor pan, body, and chassis must be complete as OEM. Doors may be skinned to accommodate roll cage.
11. Wheel clearance may be cut. Items may be removed to lighten the car that can be unbolted, (not torched, drilled or cut out). For example, hinges, latches, dashboard, etc.
- Minimum Six-point roll cage: 1 5/8” tubing minimum. CAGE MUST BE FRAME TO FRAME AND ABOVE DRIVERS HELMET. The cage may extend back to the rear bumper, but may not extend any further forward than the rear of the “A” frames.
- Driver’s door will have a minimum of three bars, with 1/8" steel plating from top to bottom and from front to rear uprights, to shield the driver from an object punching through. Passenger side will have a minimum of 2 bars.
- Vent window upright “A” pillar support bar required driver and passenger side, minimum 1” tubing.
- The cage is to be welded and secured in a quality manner with the ultimately to protect the driver.
- Roll bar padding is required on any bars that are in the drivers contact area.
- SHORTY, OFFSET, OR PARTIAL CAGES NOT ALLOWED!
- No galvanized or soft metals such as aluminum or exhaust tubing allowed
- The cage may be enhanced for safety and to defend from damage, subject to inspectors’ approval.
- Professionally built aluminum race seat must be securely mounted as an integral part of the roll cage. Subject to inspectors’ approval.
- Racing seat belts with shoulder harnesses must be in place and used. Minimum 4 point.
- O.E.M. gas tank to be removed and a fuel cell used: 22 gallons or less. Cell must be securely mounted to frame.
- Fuel line running through driver’s compartment not recommended. However, if they are, they shall be enclosed in a rigid metal tube, and must be approved by C.WR. Tech official PRIOR to competing in an event.
- Filler spout to be inside trunk area and sealed off from driver’s compartment.
- Steel firewall required between driver’s compartment and fuel compartment. All holes must be completely covered with steel.
- No fuel lines in rocker panels.
- Pump gas only! Race fuel, Nitrous, or like products are not permitted.
- No Dual feeding carbs.
- No electric fuel pumps. No fuel injection.
- Quad for GM/Chrysler. Motorcraft for Ford.
- Two barrel Holley 500 (4412) is allowed on small engines only,302, 305, 307.
- Same spacer plate as Street Stocks allowed.
- Air cleaners required 14” X 4” element max.
- Double throttle return springs mandatory.
- No modification of the suspension is allowed.
- All parts must remain absolutely stock and in stock location.
- NO spacers, NO chains, NO shims allowed.
- O.E.M. type Springs only!
- Springs to be the same height and diameter from left to right sides (Height within 1/2”).
- $40.00 track CLAIM ON ALL 4 SHOCKS.
- D.O.T. PASSENGER, HOOSIER 500, or HOOSIER E-MOD COMPUNDS (A)*(D), TIRES will be allowed.
- All wheels must be painted a light color (white, bright silver, etc.) to be seen in the event of loss during race.
- Minimum of 3” backspace wheels allowed. (4” is ok, 2” is not!)
- 7” maximum wheel width.
- Wheels, lugs, and studs must be steel. No lightweight wheels.
- All wheels MUST use over-size lug nuts.
- Stock brake components only (make, model, and year).
- All four brakes must function at all times. Proportioning valves or shut-off’s not allowed.
small engine 3150 LBS.
large engine 3250LBS
.-CHECKED POST-RACE WITH DRIVER IN CAR.Ø Weight must be outside of drivers’ compartment, painted white, and have car number clearly marked on it.
TRANSMISSION AND REAR ENDS
- Stock unaltered O.E.M. equipment only.
- Automatic transmission only. Stock working torque converters only. NO POWER GLIDES.
- Locked rear ends allowed. No lightweight parts.
- NO POSITRACTION OR LIMITED SLIP ALLOWED.
- Mark Williams or Moser Axles will be allowed.
- Drive shafts must be painted white. Safety loop MANDATORY towards front of drive shaft
- Trans. cooler allowed.
- If not in stock location, battery must be SECURELY mounted in trunk.
- All cars will have starters in good working order.
- All cars must have an electrical system disable switch mounted behind driver’s seat, accessible from outside the car, and clearly marked. An additional auxiliary switch is optional.
- No high performance or aftermarket ignition systems permitted.
- Stock O.E.M. ignitions, no alterations.
- Stock exhaust manifolds only. No modifications of any kind permitted.
- Mufflers required.
- Exhaust must exit beyond the driver’s seat and away from the drivers’ compartment.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER MANDATORY! Must be securely mounted within the drivers reach. Steel mounts only.
- Minimum Snell 95 rated helmet, fire suit, window net and seat belts are MANDATORY when on the track.
- Gloves and neck brace recommended.
- Window net to be attached to cage not to car door or roof. Quick release mechanism mandatory.
- Steel screen to cover at least drivers’ half of windshield opening mandatory.
- Well-secured tow mounts required front and rear.
- Trunks require (2) pins at rear edge, and (2) pins at leading edge if hinges are not used.
- Hoods require (2) pins across front, and (2) pins at the rear if hinges are not used.
- Stock steering components only, including rack, tie rod ends, etc.
- Steering wheel recommended to be attached with an approved quick release device.
- No steering quickeners.
- All cars to be neatly and brightly painted.
- Numbers must be a minimum of 18" tall on roof, and each door. Numbers on roof to face toward scoring tower. If it is determined that scoring cannot read number, it must be changed before the next scheduled event.
- Hood scoops, skirts, and other items, which improve the appearance of your car, are permitted.
- Advertising that is deemed unsuitable/offensive not allowed. Promoter has final decision.
- Entrees will be painted and maintained reflecting a favorable image. Dents should be reasonably repaired week to week.
- All cars are subject to inspection by the C.W.R. Inspector, at any time, and in any manner, as determined by the Promoter/Race director All decisions regarding the timing and manner of the inspections, as well as which cars will be inspected, are at the Promoter/Race Directors discretion.
- Drivers must take whatever steps requested by the C.W.R. Inspector, including tear down of any part of the car, to facilitate inspection.
- Only those persons approved by C.W.R. Inspector may be admitted to the inspection area.
- Promoter/Racedirector mandates inspections after the event: If a car that has competed in the event is taken from the tech inspection area and/or racing premises without permission of tech official, that car and driver will be disqualified, Unless the competitor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the violation was caused by circumstances the competitor could not control.
- Any driver who refuses inspection when requested will receive a fine of $50.00, disqualification, and loss of championship points and pay for that evenings’ events.
Other General Regulations
All equipment is subject to approval of C.W.R. officials. No equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through inspection for any number of times. If you have been using an illegal part or parts, for any number of times, and have not been caught… Consider yourself lucky to that point.For anyone caught with illegal or modified engine or suspension components, there will be immediate disqualification, as well as loss of prize money and points for that night. For Major Rule Infractions; Illegal carburetion, intake, or exhaust, porting, polishing, stroked or long rod engines, oversized valves, or high domed pistons, the driver will lose pay for that nights’ events, as well as total loss of all points accumulated. These are violations that clearly cross the boundaries of our rules, and are done to obtain an illegal advantage over fellow competitors. Any refusal to comply with inspection requests may result in a suspension of the driver, car and owner for three (3) consecutive races and a fine of $50.00. All cars will be Safety Inspected prior to being allowed to race. If any car is found to be unsafe by the officials, that car will not be allowed to race until the infraction is corrected.
JunkYard Warrior Rules may be changed or altered for saftey or improvement of the sport
No entry fee charge - only pit gate entrance
Rules will be update until April 5th 2012
1. Warrior Racing is to be fun for the Drivers & their families, fans. Any driver or pit crew member causing reckless !!!! harm or injury to any other person on Central Wisconsin Raceway Property will be asked to load ther car & leave the event & will be banned from future events.
2012 Central Wisconsin Raceway- Track rules
The Following procedures and rules will be followed by all participants as well as all officials before, during, and after all events. When entering CWR the Driver becomes sole spokesperson for themselves, crew, family members, etc.
1. Each Driver is responsible for filling out a driver information and car registration sheet. All paper work must be filled out complete and returned to the driver check in booth before driver will be allowed onto track. Any driver that races without completing their paper work will forfeit all monies & points until paper work has been completed & turned in.
2. All decisions made by the track officials are final. Arguing or profane language by drivers or drivers pit crew, directed at any official or other race team, will be grounds for disqualification, and possible fines up to $500.00 dollars. If you as a driver feel there was a bad call against you, or that there could be a safety issue, the driver only should go & see one of the track stewards and calmly voice your opinion. The track steward’s decision will be final.
3. No!!! Beer or alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the pit area until the entire evening program has been completed. (NO EXCEPTIONS) If a driver or pit crew is caught drinking, this driver WILL lose all monies and points earned for that night of racing events. Fines will be charged & paid before that race team will be allowed to return to CWR to race. DONE RACING FOR THE EVENING & WANT TO DRINK, remove yourself from the pit area, remove pit entrance wrist band, join the fans, enjoy the rest of the evening in the grandstand area. You may return to the pits when all racing has been completed. NO GLASS containers are allowed in the pits.
4 If under 18, Parent or Legal guardian must present birth certificate or drivers license of the under aged person & fill out complete minor release form prior to this person is allowed to enter the pits. Form will be put on web site to pre fill out form & have it notarized prior to evening event to speed up the pit entrance.
5. All drivers will have their own car racing number with the numbers & letters being at least 18 inches high and easy to read prior to going onto the track. Racing numbers & letters will be on a first come basis. If another person is going to race your car they must use their own race number or letter, (not your race number) they also must fill their own drivers information & car registration forms prior to racing or will forfeit all points & monies for the evening event. Remember all points are driver points not car points.
6. Ball rolling for heat or feature positions will be cut off at 6:30pm if you’re not in line by deadline, you will start in back in both your heat or feature, All drivers are required to check in even if they didn’t make the 6:30 deadline, If you start a heat or feature without checking in you will lose all points & monies for evening event.
7. All cars will pack the track if asked!!! All cars required to pack track at least 6 laps or start feature in back of the longest line, drivers allowed to use personal car or use someone else’s car, but must tell pit steward they are using someone else's car. Packing car's may be left at track for packing but must be removed by Oct.15, 2012 (or make storage arrangements) or it will become property of CWR & sold or towed away.
8. Hot laps start at 6:30 pm & finish at 7:00 pm is ready when it’s your turn or you will miss running hot laps. Drivers meeting starts at 7:00 pm all drivers must attend.
9. Drivers must know there starting positions for heat & feature line ups, they must there race cars in the lineup area before their race, cars not in position or enter track late will start in the back, even if extra parade lap given.
10. ALL heats and semi-features will have a 10 minute time limit. If involved in crash, etc. get checked out & line up as soon as possible, The 10 minute time limit will be enforced for 2010. Features will race the following time or lap times.
* Modified & *Super Stocks 20 laps or 20 minutes
* Midwest Mods & *Street Stocks 15 laps or 20 minutes
* Pure Stocks, Hornets, 10 laps or 15 minutes
When time limit is up, a blue light will come on, at that point the flag man will waive the white flag, and competitors will race to the checkered flag. If a driver causes a yellow flag on this lap, that driver will be scored last in that race.
11. Flagman will start & finish all races (NO CONE!!) all cars will be nose to bumper going into corner 3, if they are not lined up correctly or a driver is trying to pull out before the green flag is displayed, that driver will be moved to the back of the field & started last in the longest line. If same driver caught two times in same night, that driver will be black flagged and will put to back & will lose 3 positions in the feature payout & points for the night. Scorers will make this call & there will be no arguing, If pole driver brake checks at the start or causes a bad start that driver will be moved to tail of the longest line.
12. RESTARTS: If a caution occurs on the first lap, all cars that caused the caution will restart at the back of the pack & cars will restart double file. YELLOW FLAG RESTARTS - cars will stop in front of the flag stand, cars will be instructed to their restart positions, Any driver that ignores their starting positions, they will not be scored for that race, If race is feature, Driver & car will forfeit all monies & points for that nights racing. If a caution comes out on the last lap, the race will be over. Scorers will score the last completed lap except for the car or cars that caused the caution, these cars will be scored in the last place.
13. No driver or pit crew will be allowed on the track to do repairs during a yellow flag, If a driver leaves the track, under yellow caution, the race will not be held up,(for anyone) if car gets back on track before the green flag is thrown, car may start at rear of the longest line. Any car going into the pits under racing conditions will be scored 1 lap down & will not be allowed to reenter the track, If car reenters the track, or causes an intentional race stoppage, that driver will be disqualified & will lose all monies & points for the racing event. FLAT TIRE – car will be allowed to leave track & change tire in the work area only! Car & driver will be allowed 2 parade laps after cars are lined up to reenter track, If car is not back on track within these 2 laps, car will not be allowed to reenter track.
14. Excessive aggressive driving, ramming other cars, unsportsman like conduct will result in the black flag & loss of all monies & points for race & possible suspension of racing at CWR. CWR will inforce Wissota new Fighting miscontact rules.
15. Payouts will be at drivers information booth after all features are completed, all drivers will pick up & sign for their winnings CWR will only hold winnings for 2 weeks, If arrangements are not made, all winnings will be forfeit.
16. All race teams may be fined if garbage, oil, lube products are left in their pit stalls, a $50.00 min. charge & driver will not be allowed to race until fines are paid. AL DRIVERS & CREWS MUST POLICE THEIR PITS & KEEP THEM CLEAN.
17. Firearms, guns, & Fighting of any sort will not be tolerated on Central Wisconsin Raceway property, any fighting between drivers or pit crew will result in suspensions and fines, and possible permanent track suspension.
18. Drivers racing their car in more than 1 class must fill out another driver & car information sheet or any driver racing another drivers car must fill out forms for other car being raced, prior to heats.
19. Pit Parking spots will be honored for entire season, see separate sheet on cost of parking slabs. All monies collected will be used to improve the pit area. Drivers & crew help needed in keeping up the improvements to the pits.
20. All non racing minors in pit's will be supervised by their parents or guardians at all times, and will never be left unattended. They will be allowed in the pit grandstands or at the racers haulers only, and must have parent or guardian walk them back and forth from grandstand to hauler each time. Any minor found to be alone or unattended (except in grandstand area or hauler) will be removed from the pits & they will not be allowed back into the pits for the entire 2011 racing season. racing is a family sport & CWR would like family members supporting each other, but the minors safety comes first.
21. CWR Classes (Pure Stock, Hornets) will allow minors as young as 14 years of age to race, (not Quads) Minor drivers will be required to pass the track Stewards required driving test prior to racing any competive event.
22. All drivers racing at Central Wisconsin Raceway will wear fire safe racing gloves or full length leather glovers, (no plastic, cloth or mechanic gloves will be allowed) - All drivers will wear fire saftey racing shoes or above ankle leather boots, (no tennis shoes ).
23. RaceCeivers will be used in the following classes; (effective by Wed. May 23rd. 2012) CWR Mod Class &
Wissota Mods, Super Stocks, M/W Mods, Street Stocks.
Above rules are in effect for all race events for the 2012 racing season, CWR has the right to add or change all rules, to promote a safer and better race season.
All Wissota class cars & drivers must show Wissota license when checking in prior to racing or will have to purchase Wissota license