2012 C.W.R. Pure Stock Rules
DISCLAIMER: THE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN ARE
DESIGNED TO PROVIDE FOR THE ORDERLY CONDUCT OF RACING EVENTS AND TO
ESTABLISH MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCH EVENTS. BY
PARTICIPATING IN THESE EVENTS, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE
COMPLIED WITH THESE RULES. THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL, STOCK-CLASS,
WHICH ALLOWS ONLY THE MINOR PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS STATED.
- In all aspects
engines should only use O.E.M. replacement type parts. This
means stock unless otherwise noted!
- Engine to remain in stock location – no further left
than center of car, use of stock mount holes, and no tilting.
- O.E.M. type Engine mounts must be in stock location:
may be solid.
- Engines may be bored to a maximum overbore size of
.040 from the standard bore size.
A. Standard bore Engines must use stock pistons.
B. O.E.M. type cast aluminum dished pistons, with a
minimum recess of .040 MUST be used in any engine with an
C. All engines, including those that are over-bored
from standard size must still adhere to the maximum of 160# per
cylinder compression rule.
No grinding of any castings.
- No offset key in
- Engines may not
cross MFG lines. Ford engine in Chevy body, etc.
307 Olds, 305 Chevy, 302 Ford, 318 Mopar ONLY. Engines
will be pumped.
- 350 GM, 351 FORD,
OR 360 MOPAR ALLOWED. These engines must run stock, cast iron 2
bbl. intake and factory 2bbl. Carb. Minimum weight 3250lbs.
Engines will be pumped.
STOCK CAMS ONLY!! Stock specs for lift duration and lobe
center.Must use Hydraulic lifters.
Stock heads ONLY. no perfomance heads
No angle milling or performance enhancing work on heads
No Vortex heads.
No valve spring shims.
No honeycomb valve springs allowed.
1.86 intake valve max. 1.50 exhaust max.
No interchanging of rocker arms, ratios.
No screw-in studs.
Leak down lifters not allowed.
No degreeing of cam.
Stock, unaltered intakes only. No Hi-Risers.
- No center-dump
CAR AND BODY
The body must remain stock and match frame.
Car must be stripped of all chrome, emblems, plastic, and
Any 1950 or newer sedan is eligible. NO TRUCKS, 4WD, OR FWD’S.
Minimum stock wheelbase allowed is 108” with full-frame. 110”
uni-body with sub-frame installed.
NO CAMEROS, FIREBIRDS, or
BUMPERS MUST BE SECURE: WELDED, CHAINED OR BOLTED TO BODY. NO
SHARP EDGES ALLOWED.
Doors must be welded, chained, or bolted shut.
All glass must be removed from the car. NO BROKEN GLASS LEFT
All flammable interior components must be removed.
Floor pan, body, and chassis must be complete as OEM. Doors may be
skinned to accommodate roll cage.
Wheel clearance may be cut.
Items may be removed to lighten the car that can be unbolted, (not
torched, drilled or cut out). For example, hinges, latches,
- Minimum Six-point roll cage: 1 5/8” tubing minimum.
CAGE MUST BE FRAME TO FRAME AND ABOVE DRIVERS HELMET. The cage
may extend back to the rear bumper, but may not extend any
further forward than the rear of the “A” frames.
- Driver’s door will have a minimum of three bars, with
1/8" steel plating from top to bottom and from front to rear
uprights, to shield the driver from an object punching through.
Passenger side will have a minimum of 2 bars.
- Vent window upright “A” pillar support bar required
driver and passenger side, minimum 1” tubing.
- The cage is to be welded and secured in a quality
manner with the ultimately to protect the driver.
- Roll bar padding is required on any bars that are in
the drivers contact area.
- SHORTY, OFFSET, OR PARTIAL CAGES NOT ALLOWED!
- No galvanized or soft metals such as aluminum or
exhaust tubing allowed
- The cage may be enhanced for safety and to defend from
damage, subject to inspectors’ approval.
- Professionally built aluminum race seat must be
securely mounted as an integral part of the roll cage. Subject
to inspectors’ approval.
- Racing seat belts with shoulder harnesses must be in
place and used. Minimum 4 point.
- O.E.M. gas tank to be removed and a fuel cell used: 22
gallons or less. Cell must be securely mounted to frame.
- Fuel line running through driver’s compartment not
recommended. However, if they are, they shall be enclosed in a
rigid metal tube, and must be approved by C.WR. Tech official
PRIOR to competing in an event.
- Filler spout to be inside trunk area and sealed off
from driver’s compartment.
- Steel firewall required between driver’s compartment
and fuel compartment. All holes must be completely covered with
- No fuel lines in rocker panels.
- Pump gas only! Race fuel, Nitrous, or like products
are not permitted.
- No Dual feeding carbs.
- No electric fuel pumps. No fuel injection.
- Quad for GM/Chrysler. Motorcraft for Ford.
- Two barrel Holley 500 (4412) is allowed on small
engines only,302, 305, 307.
- Same spacer plate as Street Stocks allowed.
- Air cleaners required 14” X 4” element max.
- Double throttle return springs mandatory.
- No modification of the suspension is allowed.
- All parts must remain absolutely stock and in stock
- NO spacers, NO chains, NO shims allowed.
- O.E.M. type Springs only!
- Springs to be the same height and diameter from left
to right sides (Height within 1/2”).
- $40.00 track CLAIM ON ALL 4 SHOCKS.
- D.O.T. PASSENGER, HOOSIER 500, or HOOSIER E-MOD
COMPUNDS (A)*(D), TIRES will be allowed.
- All wheels must be painted a light color (white,
bright silver, etc.) to be seen in the event of loss during
- Minimum of 3” backspace wheels allowed. (4” is ok, 2”
- 7” maximum wheel width.
- Wheels, lugs, and studs must be steel. No lightweight
- All wheels MUST use over-size lug nuts.
- Stock brake components only (make, model, and year).
- All four brakes must function at all times.
Proportioning valves or shut-off’s not allowed.
small engine 3150 LBS.
large engine 3250LBS
.-CHECKED POST-RACE WITH DRIVER IN CAR.Ø Weight must be
outside of drivers’ compartment, painted white, and have car
number clearly marked on it.
TRANSMISSION AND REAR ENDS
- Stock unaltered O.E.M. equipment only.
- Automatic transmission only. Stock working torque
converters only. NO POWER GLIDES.
- Locked rear ends allowed. No lightweight parts.
- NO POSITRACTION OR LIMITED SLIP ALLOWED.
- Mark Williams or Moser Axles will be allowed.
- Drive shafts must be painted white. Safety loop
MANDATORY towards front of drive shaft
- Trans. cooler allowed.
- If not in stock location, battery must be SECURELY
mounted in trunk.
- All cars will have starters in good working order.
- All cars must have an electrical system disable switch
mounted behind driver’s seat, accessible from outside the car,
and clearly marked. An additional auxiliary switch is optional.
- No high performance or aftermarket ignition systems
- Stock O.E.M. ignitions, no alterations.
- Stock exhaust manifolds only. No modifications of any
- Mufflers required.
- Exhaust must exit beyond the driver’s seat and away
from the drivers’ compartment.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER MANDATORY! Must be securely mounted
within the drivers reach. Steel mounts only.
- Minimum Snell 95 rated helmet, fire suit, window net
and seat belts are MANDATORY when on the track.
- Gloves and neck brace recommended.
- Window net to be attached to cage not to car door or
roof. Quick release mechanism mandatory.
- Steel screen to cover at least drivers’ half of
windshield opening mandatory.
- Well-secured tow mounts required front and rear.
- Trunks require (2) pins at rear edge, and (2) pins at
leading edge if hinges are not used.
- Hoods require (2) pins across front, and (2) pins at
the rear if hinges are not used.
- Stock steering components only, including rack, tie
rod ends, etc.
- Steering wheel recommended to be attached with an
approved quick release device.
- No steering quickeners.
- All cars to be neatly and brightly painted.
- Numbers must be a minimum of 18" tall on roof, and
each door. Numbers on roof to face toward scoring tower. If it
is determined that scoring cannot read number, it must be
changed before the next scheduled event.
- Hood scoops, skirts, and other items, which improve
the appearance of your car, are permitted.
- Advertising that is deemed unsuitable/offensive not
allowed. Promoter has final decision.
- Entrees will be painted and maintained reflecting a
favorable image. Dents should be reasonably repaired week to
- All cars are subject to inspection by the C.W.R.
Inspector, at any time, and in any manner, as determined by the
Promoter/Race director All decisions regarding the timing and
manner of the inspections, as well as which cars will be
inspected, are at the Promoter/Race Directors discretion.
- Drivers must take whatever steps requested by the
C.W.R. Inspector, including tear down of any part of the car, to
- Only those persons approved by C.W.R. Inspector may be
admitted to the inspection area.
- Promoter/Racedirector mandates inspections after the
event: If a car that has competed in the event is taken from the
tech inspection area and/or racing premises without permission
of tech official, that car and driver will be disqualified,
Unless the competitor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that
the violation was caused by circumstances the competitor could
- Any driver who refuses inspection when requested will
receive a fine of $50.00, disqualification, and loss of
championship points and pay for that evenings’ events.
Other General Regulations
All equipment is subject to approval of C.W.R. officials. No
equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of
having passed through inspection for any number of times. If you
have been using an illegal part or parts, for any number of times,
and have not been caught… Consider yourself lucky to that point.For
anyone caught with illegal or modified engine or suspension
components, there will be immediate disqualification, as well as
loss of prize money and points for that night. For Major Rule
Infractions; Illegal carburetion, intake, or exhaust, porting,
polishing, stroked or long rod engines, oversized valves, or high
domed pistons, the driver will lose pay for that nights’ events, as
well as total loss of all points accumulated. These are violations
that clearly cross the boundaries of our rules, and are done to
obtain an illegal advantage over fellow competitors. Any refusal to
comply with inspection requests may result in a suspension of the
driver, car and owner for three (3) consecutive races and a fine of
$50.00. All cars will be Safety Inspected prior to being allowed to
race. If any car is found to be unsafe by the officials, that car
will not be allowed to race until the infraction is corrected.